Thursday, July 12, 2012

My SWAG...

I just feel like it is time for me to chip in...

My SWAG (Scientific Wild Assed Guess) about the issue described on thus blog are a combination of software (Google), hardware (Samsung), & network (Verizon).

Why do I assume this is the issue?

The issue occurs in "Safe Mode.". This means stock Android (and other stuff). No third-party apps should be involved.

The via chip in the Galaxy Nexus is also in the Charge & Stratosphere.  A phone I used prior to the MAXX (great phone) was the Stratosphere-that had the issue!  I assumed the issue was a dropped csll, but then I read http://mobilecentral.binaryoutcast.com/News:Article/2012/07/08/The_Radio_Performance_Disparity_of_the_Galaxy_Nexus_on_GSM_and_CDMA

Hmmm... Sound about right?

If it is a Via chip/network/software issue, the chip may not work as well with specific equipment (thus more issues in NC, MN, CO, & CA) perhaps due to software not working well (driver/kernel) on particular network equipment.

I have no idea... That SWAG seems pretty thin...

What say you?

2 comments:

  1. That is what I've been thinking. I think it a configuration/hardware issue between particular towers (older? Alltel?) and some hardware in the device (radio, chip?) I don't really understand what a "radio" is because it seems those are updated via software OTA updates. It's scary to be reading now that the SGIII is having the same issue. I wonder if it shares components with the GN. If Verizon/Samsung/Google cared enough to troubleshoot, it may help their investigation by examining the common problems. But they won't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the SGS issue sounds different. The Internet posts I've seen state putting the SGSIII on speakerphone lets communication occur--this does not happen with me and my Galaxy Nexus. Have you heard differently?

    ReplyDelete