Friday, July 20, 2012

"That isn't possible." or Why I'm "wrong..."

Verizon has approved a phone to be sent to me to replace the Galaxy Nexus, and tech support says there is no automated way for them to see if a "like new device" is available unless I call so they can check.  This is a huge waste of time for everyone involved...

Let me explain... No, there is too much.  I will sum up...

I call 611 and get a tech.  I tell them my issue, and they look at the account.  I ask whether an like-new device is available, and they tell me what I am saying was approved isn't possible-I'm wrong.

I explain the issues from the beginning.  I give dates when the agreement was reached.  I tell the person on the phone the name of the individual who approved the swap, and I give the them the person's ID.

I'm told again that no such note/approval is on the account.  This goes on for a good 20 minutes.  I usually say, "I don't want to fight, but I've called before and had the same conversation with a tech.  If they search enough, they find the note made to the account on (date). If you search enough, you too will find it."

I'm told it isn't possible and perhaps the person was speaking "off the cuff."  Really?  Please make a note to the account that I have never lied to Verizon, and everything I have told Verizon has been verified by Verizon...  Please stop telling me I am wrong, imagining things, or making things up.  Really...

I would say half the time the person I have on the phone is not willing to find the note-they simply do not think it is within the realm of possibility that I could be right or stating a fact.  I'm told the will have someone will have to call me...  Except for the Verizon automatic poll-call, I hear nothing.

I usually remain calm and full of humor during the calls, but I am finding it harder to not get frustrated when I have to spend 1 hour each time I call to see if a like-new replacement is available to be shipped out to me...

Will Verizon hire me to write a python script to improve their call time efficiency and improve their customer service experience?  I'm game...

Surely I am not going to have to call daily to find out if a like-new replacement is available & explain the issue each time I call...  I surely don't want to spend 1hr of my time (or of Verizon's time) dealing with what I think should be such a simply process.

Anyone have an opinion?  I feel pushed, by Verizon, to leave Verizon...  To call and be told I'm wrong, I'm making things up, or I'm misunderstanding what is possible...  I never get an apology when the Verizon employee finds the note, and I really think I would apologize and put the note in a place where it would be easier to find...

I shouldn't have to talk to a tech supervisor to get an update.  Having to explain the issue and the process 3 times isn't working for you or me...  Please fix this...

Anyone else having this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment