Monday, August 13, 2012

Dear Samsung and Verizon...

I can not begin to describe my frustration with both of you.  I can say it really borders on despair.  You do know what "despair" means right?  Let me help...

Despair = The complete loss or absence of hope.

I believe my Galaxy Nexus will never work.

Frustration = Frustration +1;

I believe Samsung and Verizon do not care-about me, about customers, about my experience with the galaxy nexus, about the galaxy nexus not working as a phone for me, or, honestly, just about anything except a sale and a service contract.

Frustration = Frustration +1;

I have sent my phone in to Samsung for "repairs" for a second time... 

Frustration = Frustration +1;

I got it back about an hour ago, and I call Samsung.  Why?  A long scratch right down the middle of the device's screen...

Frustration = Frustration +1;

The first time I got it back, their "repair" (for a problem I never had) did not fix the device for the reason I sent it in to them for repair...

Frustration = Frustration +1;

Let me explain to you two corporate conglomerates what I'd really wish for at this point in my life...

Time travel for one purpose...  Simply to go back and not buy this electronic equipment called the Samsung Galaxy Nexus sold to me by Verizon...

I want my $300...  Remember the paper boy in Better Off Dead who kept showing up saying, "I want my two dollars!"?  Well, consider me him...

Except, I want my $300!

Here is my plan...  When Samsung sends this device back to me with a fixed screen, I will use it until the mid-call muting issue occurs (I'm sure it won't take long).  I will then call Verizon and tell them I've sent this unit to Samsung for repair, but their repair did not fix it. Verizon will be forced, due to their contract with me, to send me another Galaxy Nexus.  When I get the "remanufactured" Galaxy Nexus, I will use it until the mid-call muting issue occurs (remember how long this will be?).  When it happens, I will call Samsung and ask them to repair the phone.  They will say they did repair it, and I will remind them their repair did not work and this is a new phone...  It is the principle of the issue.

You do know what principle is right?  Let me help you remember...

Principle =
  1. A fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.
  2. A rule or belief governing one's personal behavior.
While I know Samsung and Verizon can look in their systems and find out how much it costs to have someone talk to me, send me UPS shipment labels or FEDEX labels, ship my phone to and from their warehouses/repair facilities, and other costs associated with me owning a device that does not, at this point, work as a phone, I do know one thing they will not find in their systems...

There is no price for my principle.

I've run a firm, and I run my firm now.  Here is what you do:  Treat your customers as you would treat your family. 

If a device does not work, offer to either replace it with one that does or with a new device so that they are not out any funds for buying a device that has not worked as advertised/expected/promised.

Since I've used 4 Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices, I don't understand why you would expect another to work...

Frustration = Frustration +4;

I know many do work.  I don't know what the issue is in NC, CO, MN, or CA that make the devices in those states to have more reported issues than in other states.  What I do know is my clients do not like not being able to talk to me...  I share their feeling.  I think, for what it is worth, that the problem is the Via chip and Verizon's network.  Why?  The via chip in the Galaxy Nexus is also in the Charge & Stratosphere.  A phone I used prior to the MAXX (great phone) was the Stratosphere-that had the issue!  I assumed the issue was a dropped call, but then I read

 http://mobilecentral.binaryoutcast.com/News:Article/2012/07/08/The_Radio_Performance_Disparity_of_the_Galaxy_Nexus_on_GSM_and_CDMA

Until someone can show me some other cause, I think that is it... I am not a trained electrical or computer science professional either though...

What I do know is there are plenty of complaints about this device.  See





5.  Community.VerizonWireless - https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/759860




Frustration = Frustration +1;

I wish you could simply solve this issue...  Since you have not solved it, I don't think you know how to fix the issue...

Frustration = Frustration + 1;

Buy back what I think is a worthless electronic device that you think is a "wonderful phone."  At this point, I don't know how else you think I will be happy with either of you...  Let me ask you a question...

How would you want your respective firm to act if you had the issue I am experiencing?  Why should I expect anything different?

No comments:

Post a Comment