Monday, August 27, 2012

Verizon

To whom it may concern:

I am done with Verizon.

Verizon offered me a "solution" to my "mid-call muting issue" on my Galaxy Nexus.  The offer was made on June 13, 2012.  Specifically, the offer was to send me a SGSIII for my Galaxy Nexus that is having this issue.

I am unhappy because I call to check on whether one is available, and I have to go through my history so that the tech support can either tell me a SGSIII is not available yet (those are the good staff) or that the deal made me isn't possible (those are the bad staff).

Each time I call, I have to explain the full history, and it takes, I kid you not, one hour.  There is a lot on there...  The notes on your system are clear - according to the staff that look and find it.  Either they say no phone is available or that they can't do what is on the system because they don't think it can be done (even though the first manager that did that sees that Verizon has already shipped a different model phone out for one that was purchased).  The agreement is I send in my Galaxy Nexus, and Verizon sends me a SGSIII.

How many times does a customer have to be told "it can't happen" when you proposed the solution? How many times should I have to recount my history?  Why can you not assign someone to my account?

I have tried to contact the tech support who helped me, and I was told that they would contact me within X days.  I've received 3 calls I expected.  Only one was a call I was promised without someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you called.  The other two were regarding complaints to the BBB and the NC DOJ.

I'm frustrated and angry over how you treat a paying customer.  I have paid my bill (for 3 full months) with a phone that kept not working as a phone.  Your arbitration lady stated I had xxx minutes for those three months-yes, and  80% were calls where the "mid-call muting issue" occurred...

The bottom line is:

You sold me a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  The phone sold me has a "known issue" where the other party will hear a series of beeps, garbled audio, and silence even though the call is still active and even though I can hear everything they are saying.  The call ends when one of us hangs up--usually after I hear "it is happening again, call me from a landline..."

I paid my bill for 3 months before buying another phone through Verizon.  I paid for another phone because I was promised a software update would fix this mid-call muting issue.  The 4.0.4 update did not fix it, and I am not the only person who says so...

You offered me a solution, and I have accepted.  The solution was typed into your system by your employee.  Now I'm told (by your arbitration staff) that I can get the SGSIII, but I have to return the Galaxy Nexus and the second phone I paid for...  Say what?!

I'm done.  You have "screwed the pooch" one time too many times...

I will fight to get that SGSIII-even if it is refurbished, and I will never renew.

I only hope you and your staff that treated me so have a similar experience of their own.  Karma, you understand...

Sincerely,

me

No comments:

Post a Comment